Makita 9564CV 4-1/2” High-Power Angle Grinder
The Makita 9564CV 4-1/2” High-Power Angle Grinder combines 12 AMP variable speed power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting cutting, grinding, and polishing performance. Makita’s 9564CV Angle Grinder is engineered with the SJS™ mechanical clutch system, an innovation from Makita that protects the gears by automatically disengaging the motor should the grinding wheel accidentally catch or bind.
The Makita 9564CV Variable Speed Angle Grinder is powered by a 12 AMP motor with soft start for smoother start-ups. The 5-stage variable speed dial (2,800 – 10,500 RPM) allows the user to match the RPM to the application. The electronic limiter stops the motor and reduces accidental motor overload and burnout, and the electronic speed control maintains consistent speed under load. The variable speed control feature makes the 9564CV ideal for stone work, including polishing and grinding.
Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination. In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation. This Makita angle grinder is built to last.
The Makita 9564 CV Variable Speed Angle Grinder is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The high powered grinder weighs just 5.3 lbs. with a lock-on switch for easy operation. In addition, the side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool, and the “tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping.
Makita 9564CV Features:
- Powerful 12.0 AMP motor delivers more output and 10,500 RPM for the most demanding applications
- SJS™ technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Variable speed (2,800 - 10,500 RPM) control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Can be used on stone, concrete, and other masonry surfaces.
- Can be used to cut, polish, grind, drill, and more
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Slide switch with lock-on setting for continuous use
- "Tool-less" wheel guard for more convenient adjustments
- Two position adjustable side handle for operator convenience
- Compact design at only 11-3/4" long and weighs only 5.3 lbs.