Prosoco Saltguard® is a general-purpose silane/ siloxane water repellent and chloride screen for concrete and masonry, including concrete block, and clay and concrete brick surfaces. Saltguard protects horizontal and vertical surfaces from moisture intrusion and chemical attack of chloride salts, reducing rebar corrosion and surface spalling. Saltguard may be used on horizontal surfaces such as sidewalks, tile and brick pavers. It also provides excellent protection for retaining walls, bridge pilings and other vertical areas. In coastal areas, Saltguard protects against salt air by reducing chloride penetration. Saltguard® also prevents deep-seated staining by mud splashes and other waterborne contaminants.
Prosoco Saltguard is available in 1 gallon, 5 gallon, and 55 gallon containers.
- Penetrates to produce long-lasting protection on vertical or horizontal surfaces.
- Easy soap-and-water cleanup from window glass, window frames and application equipment.
- Low odor reduces risk of application to occupied buildings.
- Alkaline stable – suitable for new “green” concrete, 14–28 days old.
- Treated surfaces “breathe” – does not trap moisture.
- Effective protection against de-icing salts and salt air.
- Complies with all known national, state and district AIM VOC regulations.