Makita (GEC01PL4) 14" Power Cutter Kit (XGT) Cordless *Next Generation Technology
The Makita GEC01PL4 14 Inch Power Saw Kit includes:
- (1) 14" Power Cutter Makita (GEC01)
- (1) 40V max XGT® Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RB)
- (4) 40V max XGT® 8.0Ah Battery (BL4080F)
- (1) Water Hose Coupling (123120-4)
- (1) 14" Cut-Off Wheel (E-12809)
- (1) Adapter Ring (20mm to 1") (191W53-9)
- (1) Universal Wrench 13-19 (782037-6)
The Makita (GEC01PL4) XGT® Brushless 14" Power Cutter Kit with AFT® and Electric Brake. The Powerful cordless (GEC01) 14" Power Cutter has the power to cut through various masonry and metal materials with all the benefits and convenience of cordless operation. The 14” wheel diameter allows for single pass cuts up to 5” deep in various masonry and metal materials. Makita Model GEC01PL4 Power Cutter Kit includes four 40V max XGT® 8.0Ah Batteries (BL4080F) and an efficient 40V max XGT Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RB) and Makita GEC01 14" Cordless Power Saw.
Next Generation Technology (XGT) Makita (GEC01PL4) 80V MAX uses 2 batteries combined to double the power (40V MAX Battery X 2). Makita-built brushless motors, along with two 40V max XGT Batteries, deliver the power and performance required for heavy-load applications. By using (2) 40V max XGT Batteries, you get 80V of power within one system. The increased power and performance allow XGT Cordless Equipment and Tools to rival corded tools and gas equipment.
Makita XGT® (GEC01PL4) 14 Inch Brushless Power Cutter - is a new 40V | 80V max system of cordless equipment and tools. Makita Next Generation Technology (XGT®) outpowers, outsmarts, and outlasts the rest. Through Makita’s innovative engineering, the technology within XGT® will lead to creating the equipment and tools of the future.
The Makita GEC01 14" Power Cutter is engineered with Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®), which electronically turns off the motor if the rotation of the cutting wheel is suddenly forced to stop. It also features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), which is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions.
Convenience features include built-in L.E.D. light, large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes when wearing gloves, and a lock-off power switch which requires two actions to start the Power Cutter. It also features soft start, which suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life, and overload protection designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations.
Other features include integrated all aluminum wheels that help reduce fatigue and maintain accuracy in floor cutting applications, an adjustable blade guard which facilitates cutting in low or upper wall zones, and a rubberized front handle that can be held in multiple positions for increased comfort at various cutting orientations.
Makita's Next Generation Technology (XGT®) is a system of equipment, tools, batteries, and chargers utilizing 40V max lithium-ion batteries. XGT® is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT® is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
Makita GEC01PL4 Power Cutter Kit Features:
- OUTPOWER: Delivers the power of a 75.6cc Gas Saw
- Integrated Anti-Vibration mechanism provides up to 50% less vibration when cutting
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- 14" wheel allows for single pass cuts up to 5" deep in various masonry and metal materials
- Integrated all aluminum wheels help reduce fatigue and maintain accuracy in floor cutting applications
- Integrated water delivery system with water flow adjustment knob continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the cutting area for increased visibility
- Integrated overload indicator alerts of excessive battery power draw during heavy loads
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Adjustable blade guard facilitates cutting in low or upper wall zones
- Rubberized front handle can be held in multiple positions for increased comfort at various cutting orientations
- Belt-drive design provides smoother operation with lower vibration
- Lock-off power switch requires two actions to start power
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
Makita GEC01PL4 Power Cutter Kit Specifications:
- Battery : 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed : 5,300 RPM
- Wheel Diameter : 14"
- Max. Cutting Depth : 5"
- Arbor w/ Adaptor : 20mm/1" adaptor
- Lock-Off Switch : Yes
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Bind-Up Control : Yes
- Vibration (m/s²) : 2.5
- Sound Pressure : 109 dB(A)
- Overall Length : 31"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 31.1 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Motor Type : Brushless
Makita Battery Features and Specifications:
- XGT® Batteries feature a battery charge level indicator to monitor the charge level for each of the two batteries
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Compared to equivalent gas model EK7651H or 75.6cc of power