HM1213C Makita AVT® Demolition Hammer
The Makita 23 lb. AVT Demolition Hammer has a powerful 14 AMP motor that delivers 18.8 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications. It weighs 23.8 lbs.
The demolition hammer features Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) and vibration-absorbing rear handle to further reduce vibration. Constant speed control that automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete challenging jobs and a variable speed control dial enables users to match speed to the application.
The HM1213C has a "soft no-load" function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when not in use which helps increase tool life and performance. The Makita Motor is engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life
Other features include an L.E.D. power light to indicate switch failure or cord damage and an L.E.D service light that notifies the user that the brushes need to be replaced. An automatic brush cut-off protects the commutator from damage for longer tool life. The 12 bit angle settings allows the bit to be set a different positions for operator comfort.
Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is a counterbalance system inside the tool that significantly reduces vibration. The AVT counterbalance design is based on seismic engineering, which developed this damping science to absorb shocks and protect buildings from earthquakes. AVT uses a mechanical damper, effectively a counterbalance weight inside the tool, that provides an equal and opposite force that puts a mass directly opposite the point where the striker bolt delivers the impact. As vibration is eliminated, power is efficiently increased which allows more of the generated energy in the motor to be delivered to the tool bit. For users, AVT means significantly less vibration with no compromise in power and performance.
HM1213C Makita AVT® Demolition Hammer Features:
- Powerful 14 AMP motor delivers 18.8 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration
- Additional vibration-absorbing rear handle is spring-loaded to further reduce vibration
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- "Soft no-load" function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when not in use which helps increase tool life and performance
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before the brushes need to be replaced
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- 12 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- Side handle swivels 360° for increased maneuverability
- Rubberized ergonomic soft grip provides more comfort
- Dust extraction capability with optional Makita Dust Attachment Kit
- Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life