Makita 27 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer
Tough on concrete, not on you. Makita’s hard-hitting HM1214C 27 lb. Breaker Hammer is equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT), an exclusive counterbalance system that reduces vibration. The result is more efficient hitting on the concrete and less vibration in the tool – and the tool user.
14 AMP Power. The HM1214C with AVT® is engineered to be the most efficient breaker hammer In its class with a 14 AMP motor that provides 950-1,900 BPM and 25.7 joules of impact energy with less vibration. In addition, it has an automatic brush cut-off system that protects the commutator, and a warning indicator lamp for longer tool life.
More Work, Less Vibration
The HM1214C is equipped with AVT, Makita’s exclusive counterbalance system that reduces vibration for more efficient hitting power. The breaker hammer also has lower noise at just 102dB. The HM1214C weighs 27.1 lbs., and has a large side handle with an easy-to-operate switch control for better control and comfort. For added convenience, the HM1214C has a 16.4 ft. cord, and accepts the popular SDS-MAX shank for a wide variety of breaker hammer accessories.
Versatile Design for a Range of Applications
The HM1214C with AVT® is a hard-hitting breaker hammer for digging, chipping and breaking. Its superior efficiency, versatility and comfort make the HM1214C an ideal breaker hammer for landscapers, pool installers, electricians, plumbers, masons, remodelers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class industrial quality 27 lb. breaker hammer.
Makita 27 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer Features:
- Powerful 14 AMP motor delivers 19 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-Vibration Technology is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration and directs more impact energy to the work surface for increased user comfort and greater productivity
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy
- Makita 27 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer's variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before the brushes need to be replaced
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- Makita 27 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer's extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- 12 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- One-touch chuck allows for quick bit changes
- "No hammering when idling" function helps increase tool life
- Makita 27 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer's easy-to-operate slide switch increases productivity and allows for continuous use
- Side handle swivels 360° for greater control
- Rubberized ergonomic soft grip provides more comfort
- Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life